Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sitting is Killing You

I (Kylie) just received wonderful news.  I'm going to have a baby!!!  Just kidding.  I just found out I can put a standing work station at my desk.  It disgusts me how much we sit at our office.  After working in my office for a short time I began gaining weight and feeling more tired.  It's totally because I was sitting for 7-8 hours each day at work.  Combine that with my commute and sitting down for meals with Teej and I spend more than half of my day sitting.  Gross.

If you haven't seen this infographic, take a look.  It's very interesting.

Sitting is Killing You

2 comments:

  1. Nice post. Let me know how the standing cube setup goes. I have considered trying to do 10 burpees every 45 minutes at work but am too shy/lazy or something. I guess could do them with the Tai Chi guy in the breezeway. Ever done mini-dips on your office chair? What about a little foot cycle that you could pedal while at your desk that powers your computer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will do burpees with you! I do them at the AC on my lunch a lot.

    I don't think I'll be powering my computer any time soon...

    I did lunges down the hallway the other day. No one saw me, so it wasn't embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete